Mind your manners:
- Posts that contain private information (such as a social security number), derogatory comments or personal attacks aimed at specific students, faculty or staff aren’t permitted.
- Keep it clean. Don’t use obscene remarks, profanity, abusive or inappropriate language.
- Unlawful material, racist, sexist, homophobic or sexually explicit posts aren’t allowed.
- Be factual and honest. Don’t post blatantly inaccurate, false or misleading information.
- Comments will stay up if they contribute and remain relevant to the conversation.
- The page administrators reserve the right to remove comments — not to limit criticism, but to protect the privacy and rights of employees and students.
We hate spam (we’re not alone). All spam is removed from our wall:
- Don’t solicit, advertise, endorse or promote a product or service for commercial or personal gain. Posts that don’t add value or are overly promotional are removed.
- "Official" UNT entities (clubs, colleges, etc.) may post event announcements that will benefit all UNT students. Their relevance is evaluated by page administrators.
- Repeatedly posting the same comment or content is annoying to the community. Be considerate. It’s in our sole discretion to determine when content becomes intrusive.
- We reserve the right to remove content that does not comply with these guidelines.
You’re solely responsible for the content you post:
- Although we may remove inappropriate material, we’re not obligated to do so.
- By posting to our community, you are verifying that the content you are posting does not infringe on anyone else’s intellectual property rights.
Ensure proper usage rights:
- By posting, you’re giving us your implied unlimited permission to republish, refer to, and otherwise use or re-use your words and other posted content in any format or medium at any time and agree to creative commons, fair use and other use of public domain.
- You are also attesting that you have the right to use the posted content, including permission from anyone pictured in photography, video or songs that you post.
- No one should use UNT’s name or marks, impersonate the university or imply official endorsement, or benefit financially by using UNT’s name or marks without UNT’s consent. UNT has the legal right to defend its brand against these violations. You can learn more in the UNT Brand Identity Guide.
How we engage with and manage content:
- We pledge to be open and transparent to the valued members of our community about how we manage our social media channels.
- We also reserve the right to remove content and block any party that does not comply with these guidelines on all official University Of North Texas social media platforms.
- We reserve the right to change these Guidelines at any time.
Questions?? We welcome them. Please contact us through our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official university Discord servers follow the rules outlined by the UNT Social Media Guidelines as well as the UNT Student Code of Conduct.
Official university servers require users modify their nickname to FirstName LastName | optionalusername. Users who do not modify their nickname will be denied access to official university Discord servers.
Official university Discord servers should include a channel that lists other official university Discord servers titled #unt-channels. This channel serves as a way to help UNT community members find UNT servers easily in the same way other social media platforms interlink accounts.
Server moderators have the option of including non-official university Discord servers in the #unt-channels channel (or a separate channel), but should note that unofficial servers are not moderated by UNT staff members. Violations of Social Media Guidelines or the UNT Student Code of Conduct in unofficial servers should be reported to the UNT Dean of Students Office.
List of official UNT Discord servers: